Should you experience any problems with your HVAC system you are probably going to search for a heating contractor in Howard County, MD to come out and fix the problem. HVAC systems are something that most homeowners stay well away from, few homeowners can actually troubleshoot and repair a problem with their system; perhaps the best they can do is change the filters periodically and that’s about all. If you are faced with a problem and you need a heating contractor there are a few things that you should consider to ensure you get a satisfactory response.
* Check your home first, find out if any room seems particularly cold compared to others, get all the information on your furnace including make and model and see if you can determine when the unit was last serviced.
* Before you start calling, check with the authorities to see what, if any, requirements there are for a heating contractor in Howard County, MD; what insurance should they carry and do they have to be licensed?
* It would be odd if someone you know has not had problems with their furnace and had to call for a heating contractor. Call your friends, family members, work mates, etc and ask if they can help you with a recommendation.
* If you do get names, call the companies and ask them to provide you with a couple of references. Call the numbers and ask the resident about their experience was with the company; were they satisfied with the service, the timeliness and did they do the job for the price they quoted?
* For those contractors that pass this hurdle, check their history with the better business bureau, see if there are any unresolved complaints. Make sure the contractors insurance and license are all up to date.
* It is always wise to get multiple quotes; once you develop a short list of three potential contractors call them and tell them what you want. The better contractors will rarely give a price over the phone; they will want to inspect the system first before they suggest either repairs or replacement if they consider your current system outmoded.
* Get written estimates and compare the elements of the offers carefully. Go beyond price; check the warranties and efficiency of what is being offered. If the equipment that is being quoted on is not efficient, then the lowest bid will cost more in the long run.
Once you choose the heating contractors in Howard County, MD that you want to do the job, get everything in writing in the form of a contract. Include the price, the equipment details, the warranty and the schedule.
2 people like this post.